Today's Hard|Forum Post
  • TV problem
  • Not impressed with my Audioengine A2's
  • Cox Accuses Rightscorp of Mass Copyright Infr...
  • Oculus Connect 2 Keynote Replay
  • Malicious Software Removal Tool updates daily
  • Brain Fart - Customer calls at 5pm - sure
Follow Us on Twitter
  • Gaming [H]eadlines: Dead Space 3 Screenshots ...
  • Taiwan Wants Apple To Blur Satellite Images O...
  • AMD to Host 2012 Data Center Efficiency Summi...
  • Rosewill Capstone 750W Power Supply: Legit Re...
  • Judge Denies Megaupload's Motion to Dismiss: ...
  • Facebook Cracks Down On Fan Pages For Crimina...

Friday June 30, 2006

UMC Vying For NVIDIA’s 80nm Business

As NVIDIA begins its trial runs on 80nm node manufacturing at TSMC it looks like UMC might resort to aggressive pricing in an effort to steal away business from TSMC. Currently, 90% of NVIDIA products are manufactured by TSMC, only 10% at UMC.

Both Nvidia and ATI Technologies are gearing up for migration to 80nm process production, with ATI scheduled to production later this year at both TSMC and UMC. Nvidia CEO Huang Jen-hsun has described TSMC as its closest production partner, with the foundry making 90% of its products. The other 10% are manufactured by UMC and Chartered Semiconductor.